OC is short for Optical Carrier, used to specify the speed of fiber optic networks conforming to the SONET standard.
Burstable OC3 is the ideal solution for business customers who seek ultra-fast connectivity for their mission-critical Internet needs if they currently have a DS3 and it’s not meeting their needs. You can select from various bandwidth, from 45 Mbps to a full 155 Mbps of service from the various providers (AT&T, MCI, Sprint, Qwest, Savvis, etc).
The Benefits you’ll get by getting burstable OC3 are:
- Improves efficiency by utilizing the fastest connection speed available today
- Increases flexibility by allowing you to choose the level of bandwidth that suits your business needs and to order additional bandwidth at any time
- Maximizes bandwidth and reduces inefficiencies in data delivery via Packet Over SONET (POS) technology
- Manages costs with a fixed monthly charge based on port speed
- Increases Internet accessibility by providing the needed bandwidth available
- Increases sales by improving the interaction between your customers and your organization via the Internet